MEC Resources Could Deploy OBS for PEP11 Seismic Program?

MEC Resources is considering the deployment of ocean bottom nodes (OBS) for the planned seismic program in PEP11 offshore Sydney Basin.

An application has been made to Geoscience Australia for the potential use of OBS in PEP11, MEC Resources informed.

The OBS can be deployed in up to 6000 meters water depth, and it can continuously record for up to 12 months, the company explained.

“The potential benefit of using OBS is that producing higher quality data improves the quality of drilling targets,” the company said.

MEC Resources plans to conduct the survey in the area following necessary regulatory approvals for the acquisition program.

PEP 11 is held 85 per cent by Asset Energy, a wholly owned subsidiary of Advent Energy, an investee entity of MEC Resources. Bounty Oil & Gas holds the remaining 15 per cent of PEP11.

Subsea World News Staff
Related news

List of related news articles