Novatek shareholders approve new BoD
Novatek, the operator of the Yamal LNG project, informed that the extraordinary general meeting of shareholders approved the election of new members to its board of directors.
Novatek said in a statement that the company’s board will consist of:
- Andrei I. Akimov: Chairman of the Management Board of Gazprombank, Member of the Board of the Association of Russian Banks;
- Burckhard Bergmann: Member of the Advisory Board of the Union of German Science Funds;
- Michael Borrell: Senior Vice-President of Total Exploration & Production for Europe and Central Asia;
- Robert Castaigne: Member of the Board of Directors of Societe Generale, Vinci and Sanofi;
- Leonid V. Mikhelson: Chairman of Novatek’s Management Board;
- Alexander Y. Natalenko: Geologist;
- Viktor P. Orlov: President of the Russian Geological Society (RosGeo), Chairman of the Science and Engineering Board of OAO Rosgeologia;
- Gennady N. Timchenko: Member of the Board of Directors of Sibur Holding, Chairman of the French and Russian Companies Economic Board of the Franco-Russian Chamber of Commerce, Russian Co-Chair of the Russian-Chinese Business Council; and
- Andrei V. Sharonov: Dean of Skolkovo Moscow School of Management.
The company recently concluded a framework agreement with China’s Silk Road Fund on the acquisition of a 9.9% equity stake in the Yamal LNG project, that has reached 30 percent completion mark.
The giant LNG project located on Yamal Peninsula in Russia, which includes the construction of a 16 mtpa liquefaction plant, is still expected to ship its first cargo by the end of 2017.
LNG World News Staff; Image: Novatek