Photo: Image courtesy of Qatargas

Qatargas takes control of water recycling facility at Ras Laffan

Qatargas takes control of water recycling facility at Ras Laffan
Image courtesy of Qatargas

LNG production giant Qatargas took over control of a new water recycling facility at the LR2 facility to eliminate the discharge of treated industrial water to sea at Ras Laffan.  

The company noted that as part of its Ras Laffan LNG complex, 70 percent of the recycled water will be used as boiler feed and cooling water in the Laffan Refineries, while the remaining 30 percent is sent to the Ras Laffan Industrial City for irrigation purposes.

Qatargas awarded the engineering, procurement, supply, construction, and commissioning of the new water recycling facility to Qatar Kentz in September 2015. Located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, the facility will handle the treated industrial water from Laffan Refinery and LR2.

With the sustainable water use being part of Qatar’s national objective, and with the liquefied natural gas industry being at the center of, Qatargas said the water recycling facility is a major step in that direction.

As part of the Ras Laffan Industrial City Qatargas operates 14 LNG trains with a total production capacity of 77 million tons per year, a jetty boil-off gas facility, Al Khaleej Gas, Ras Laffan Helium, the two Laffan Refineries and the Ras Laffan terminal.

Related news

List of related news articles