Quadrant prepares for flow testing at Roc-2 well off Australia

  • Project & Tenders

Quadrant Energy is preparing to flow test the Roc-2 well offshore Australia which, earlier this year, confirmed a hydrocarbon-bearing reservoir, in good quality rock, within the Caley section, its primary target. 

The Roc-2 well is located within the WA-437-P exploration permit in the North West Shelf of Australia. Quadrant is the operator with 80% interest with Carnarvon Petroleum as its partner with the remaining 20% interest.

In September, Quadrant confirmed a high quality reservoir within the Caley section of the Roc-2 well, almost fully saturated with gas condensate.

Carnarvon informed on Tuesday that, since this report, the wireline operations have been completed and the 7” (178 mm) casing liner has been set in place across the Caley formation as planned in preparation for flow testing the well.

The rig is currently in the process of cleaning out the well bore after the cementing operations to set the line, the company added.

Once the well bore has been cleaned, a process expected to take several days, a Drill Stem Test (DST) string will be run in the hole which will enable the flow testing of the Roc-2 well across the Caley formation that was gas-condensate charged based on wireline interpretation. According to Carnarvon, due to the complexity of these downhole tools, it may take over a week to install the DST in place.

The well will then be perforated and opened for a controlled flow test over a period of about a week. The flow tests will enable the measurement of pressure, permeability and flow capacity of the Caley formation. The company said it expects to report on the well testing results in around two weeks.

Related news

List of related news articles