Six new licences for VNG Norge (Norway)
VNG Norge has been awarded six new licences as part of the APA 2014 – Awards in Pre-Defined Areas.
Norway’s Ministry of Petroleum and Energy announced the awards of APA 2014 on January 21, 2015. A total of 54 new licences were announced in three areas – The North Sea (34), The Norwegian Sea (16) and The Barents sea (4). Forty three companies have been offered new licences – 23 of these companies as operator.
VNG Norge was awarded one licence as operator and five licence as partner – a total of six new licences awarded in APA 2014 based on submission of five licence applications in September last year.
The VNG Norge awards:
The North Sea
– PL779 (Operator VNG – 40 %).
The Norwegian Sea
– PL798 (Operator Centrica, VNG partner with 20 %)
– PL799 (Operator PGNiG, VNG partner with 20 %)
– PL794 (Operator Statoil, VNG partner with 20 %)
– PL793 (Operator Shell, VNG partner with 20 %)
– PL700B (Operator Lundin, VNG partner with 20 %)
“We highly appreciate the awards,” says Managing Director Atle Sonesen. “With the APA awards we are consolidating our position as a recognized player in developing the Halten Terrace for the future. From my point of view this is a proof point that the authorities acknowledge our competence and efforts particularly in this area.”