Video: Pella-Built Project 16609 Tug Slips into the Water
The regular tugboat of project 16609, building No 625 of the 2014 Acceptance Program, has been launched at Russian shipyard Pella.
In the next year the tugboat will be delivered to the port Pertopavlovsk – Kamchatskiy and put into operation within Pacific Fleet of the Russian Federation.
The tugboat is intended for towing and berthing operations in harbor and coastal areas which comply with R2 navigation area (not more than 100 miles from place of shelter), performing of escort operations at the speed of 10 knots, refloating of ships and vessels, fire fighting operations at floating and shore objects, oil and petroleum content products, cargo transportation, ice breaking and rescue and special purpose operations as well.
Technical data of the project 16609
- Length, max 28.5 m
- Width, max 9.5 m
- Draft 4.3 m
- Speed ab. 12 knots
- Bollard pull 47 tones
- Class notation KM Arc4 R2 ?ut1 FF3 WS Tug by Russian Maritime Register of shipping.
- Propulsion complex Z-drives US 205, Rolls-Royce, FPP into nozzle
- Power 2×1500 kW at 1600 rpm, Cat 3512B
- 10 t bow anchor-towing-mooring winch, Fluidmecanica, providing 1383 kN brakes keeping force;
- towing hook SWL 47 t with quick release devise.
The tugboat is also equipped with crane-manipulator HM 6/3 S, Fluidmecanica, with the capacity of 910 kg at the boom of 6 m.
In order to fulfill fire-fighting operations the tugboat is equipped with external fire fighting system made by FFS (capacity is 800 m3/h, 2 water monitors, water curtains system).
Press Release, December 2, 2013