The Offshore Energy Young Engineer Award will recognize outstanding achievements of an engineer of 35 years of age or younger.
Offshore Energy Young Engineer Award winner 2018, Marius Ottolini, Heerema Marine Contractors (picture on the right).
Robert Plat holds a PhD degree in the field of Oil & Gas Production Technology. In 1995 he joined IRO as Project Leader R&D. In 1996 he joined TNO-NITG and was posted for 3 years in Surinam as Senior Production- and Reservoir Engineer. In 2000 he joined Avans University of Professional Education and founded the BSc-level school for Offshore Engineering and Automation. From 2001 to 2008 he was also part-time consultant in the field of R&D subsidies. In 2008 he translated to Dutch the book of Robert L. Mott “Applied Fluid Dynamics”, available at Pearson Education. In March 2009 he joined Royal IHC as Manager Offshore Technology Institute. Since February 2015 he holds the position of Principal Consultant Offshore at Royal IHC.
Marius began his professional career 5 years ago, when he became a geotechnical engineer at Heerema - based in Leiden and providing occassional offshore support. Being part of the innovation team, he developed pioneering silent pile installation methods for which he won the Offshore Energy Young Engineer Award 2018. Currently, he carries a role of Business Analyst. In this role he performs strategic analysis, helping Heerema to position itself in the rapidly changing energy landscape.
• The engineer has to be 35 years of age or younger on 1st of January 2019.
• The engineer should be working in the offshore energy industry.
• The achievements must have taken place (partly) between 2015 and 2019.
• The engineer has to have demonstrated professional accomplishments in the role of engineer and evidence of outstanding talent, passion and dedication in the offshore energy industry, both in the development and construction phase.
Note that pitching your nomination on 20 June 2019 is a mandatory part of the nomination procedure when selected by the jury.
Benefits for nominees
• Use of the Offshore Energy Young Engineer Award - Nominee logo on your website and in marketing and public relations material;
• A personalized Nominee promo film;
• Promotion on the Offshore Energy website, social media, in mailings and print media;
• Gain broad international recognition and significant market visibility through global media coverage;
• The independent endorsement of your company's expertise and professionalism via a review by a jury of industry experts, business executives and academics;
• Attend the black tie Opening Gala Dinner and Awards Show at one of the Nominees Tables (2 tickets) and meet international offshore energy professionals.
Benefits of winning
The above plus:
• Being the Winner of the Offshore Energy Young Engineer Award;
• An Offshore Energy Awards trophy and certificate;
• Use of the Offshore Energy Award Winner logo on your website and in marketing and public relations material.
01 March 2019 Registration Offshore Energy Awards open
31 May 2019 Registration Offshore Energy Awards closed
07 June 2019 First ranking round by Jury. A maximum of 6 nominees will be invited to pitching round.
20 June 2019 Pitching round Offshore Energy Awards
26 June 2019 Announcement of the three nominees per award
07 October 2019 Announcing the winner per award during the Offshore Energy Opening Gala Dinner & Awards Show 2019v at the Amsterdome in Amsterdam