Petrobras, Vale Report Offshore Gas Find to ANP

Petrobras and mining giant Vale notified the country’s National Petroleum Agency, or ANP, that a well in the Espirito Santos Basin tested positive for natural gas. The find was listed on the oil regulator’s Web site early Thursday. The discovery was made at the 1BRSA826AESS well at the offshore ES-M- 468 Block in the Espirito Santos Basin. Petrobras is operator of the block with a 75% stake, while Vale holds the remaining 25%.