KCA Deutag lands drilling contract for EnQuest’s UK North Sea platforms

Global drilling and engineering contractor KCA Deutag has informed that its Offshore business unit has been awarded a new drilling contract by EnQuest for the Magnus, Thistle, and Heather platforms located in the UK sector of the North Sea. 

According to KCA Deutag’s statement on Monday, the multi-million dollar contract is for the provision of platform drilling services on all three platforms and came into effect on January 1, 2019.

It has an initial term of five years with two options to extend by one year, KCA Deutag added.

Commenting on the announcement, Rune Lorentzen, President of Offshore said, “KCA Deutag is delighted to have won this new contract. We have been working with EnQuest on the Thistle and Heather platforms since 1990, and are pleased that this relationship continues to strengthen and that the quality of our work has been recognized with the additional award of the Magnus platform.”

It is worth reminding that EnQuest bought the initial 25% interest in the Magnus field from BP in January 2017 and the remaining 75% interest in December 2018.

Related news

List of related news articles