MEO Australia Updates on Blackwood-2 Drilling
MEO Australia Limited announced that the Ensco 104 jack up drilling rig was preparing to drill ahead in 311mm (12¼”) hole from 340mm (133 /8”) casing shoe at 1,370mMDRT.
Progress since last report:
- Well spudded on 28th October 2013
- Drilled to 1,376mMDRT (340mm (133 /8”) casing point)
- Installed wellhead and Blow Out Preventer (BOP)
Present Operation (at 06:00 Darwin time, 7th November 2013) :
- Preparing to drill 311mm (12¼”) hole out of 133 /8” casing shoe
- Drill 311mm (12¼”) hole to approximately 3,140mMDRT (244mm (95 /8”) casing point)
- Drill 216mm (8½”) hole to approximately 3,360mMDRT (Total Depth)
The Blackwood-2 appraisal well is located approximately 8km from the Blackwood-1 discovery well. Further information regarding the NT/P68 Exploration Permit is available on the MEO website.
The drilling of Blackwood-2 is an obligation under the NT/P68 Farm-in Agreement (FIA) dated 17th May 2011 between Eni Australia Limited (Eni) and MEO. Under the FIA and subsequent amendment, MEO’s 50% participating interest share of the costs of the well will be carried.
LNG World News Staff, November 07, 2013; Image: MEO