No significant hydrocarbon shows in KrisEnergy’s Thai well
Oil and gas company KrisEnergy has failed to find significant hydrocarbon shows in the Montha-1 exploration well in the reservation area of the G10/48 license in the Gulf of Thailand.
KrisEnergy started drilling the Montha-1 well in mid-November using the Borr Drilling-owned Mist jack-up rig.
The oil company said on Friday that the Montha-1 reached a total depth of 10,396 feet measured depth rotary kelly bushing (RKB) (-9,138 feet true vertical depth subsea). No significant hydrocarbon shows were detected in the target reservoirs, the company added.
The well is located at a water depth of 172 feet (52.4 meters) and lies approximately 15 km westnorthwest of the existing Wassana oil field.
The Mist jack-up rig will complete operations at the Montha-1 well and will subsequently mobilize to the Wassana production area, where three firm infill development wells are planned plus one contingent well.
The G10/48 contract area covers 1,525 sq. km over the Southern Pattani Basin in water depths of up to 60 meters. The Gulf of Thailand is a core operational area for KrisEnergy. The company has a working interest in the B8/32 producing licence and operates G10/48 as well as G6/48, which contains the Rossukon oil development project. The company also operates Block A across the maritime border in Cambodian waters, where it is developing the Apsara oil field.
KrisEnergy is the operator of G10/48 holding a 89% working interest. Palang Sophon Limited holds the remaining 11% interest.