Petroleum Safety Authority in Goliat FPSO Audit (Norway)
- Business & Finance
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway carried out an audit of materials handling on the Goliat FPSO.
The objective of the audit was to verify the company’s management of technical, operational and administrative aspects of materials handling on the Goliath FPSO, and measure this against the company’s own and the authorities’ requirements.
Non-conformities were identified in connection with:
• personnel and goods lifts
• cargo carrying units and loads
In addition, improvement points were identified in connection with:
• load stops and protective structures
• positioning of spotlights
• MOB boat garage
• procedures for safe lifting operations
• lifting equipment