President’s Budget: $22.023 Million for Buffalo District Projects
The President’s Budget for fiscal year 2020 released Tuesday includes more than $4.827 billion in discretionary funding for the Civil Works program of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, with $22.023 million set aside for Buffalo District projects.
The Civil Works budget funds the Operation and Maintenance Program, which includes the maintenance of federal shipping channels and navigation structures within the Buffalo District’s area of responsibility, and operation and maintenance of the Black Rock Lock and Mount Morris Dam.
The FY20 Operation and Maintenance funding ($21.673 million) will be distributed among the projects as follows:
- Black Rock Channel – $2,077,000;
- Mount Morris Dam – $3,604,000.
- Ashtabula Harbor – $108,000;
- Cleveland Harbor – $7,966,000;
- Conneaut Harbor – $1,216,000;
- Fairport Harbor – $1,130,000;
- Sandusky Harbor – $913,000;
- Toledo Harbor – $4,659,000.
The General Investigations FY20 funding ($350,000) will be distributed among the projects as follows, and will be used for dredged material management planning:
- Buffalo Harbor – $250,000.
- Cleveland Harbor – $100,000.