Rowan jack-up clinches Guyana job with Repsol

Rowan EXL II with BP’s Angelin platform. Source: BP

Offshore driller Rowan Companies has been awarded a drilling contract for a jack-up rig with Repsol in Guyana. 

Rowan said on Wedensday it had signed a contract for the EXL II, a high-specification Super 116E Jack-up rig, for work in Guyana.

The contract is for one well beginning in the third quarter of 2019 with a duration of approximately 45 days.

The 2010-built jack-up EXL II is currently under contract with BP in Trinidad.

As previously reported, Rowan EXL II’s contract with BP in Trinidad is expected to conclude in early June instead of previously expected April 2019 end date.

In Guyana, Repsol has a 70% stake in the Kanuku block, covering 5,164 km2 in the Atlantic ocean within the EEZ of Guyana. Tullow holds the remaining 30% interest in the block. In 2019, Repsol plans to drill the first exploration well at the block to determine if hydrocarbons are present.

Related news

List of related news articles