Russia: Rosmorport’s Arkhangelsk Branch Gets New Vessel
On July 26, the head MP boat of the MPB14 Project, works number 402 (“Lebedin”), was handed over to the FSUE “Rosmorport” Arkhangelsk Branch. This boat is the second of six MP boats of the MPB14 Project, constructed on the FSUE’s request by Moskovskiy Sudostroitelniy i Sudoremontniy Zavod, P.C.
The first boat was destined for the Azovo-Chernomorskiy Basin Branch. The keel was laid nine months ago: since then a modern, powerful, efficient, fast and high-flexible vessel was constructed. It is a synthesis of design solutions and advanced construction technologies.
MPB14 Project vessels are aimed at fast and effective implementation of several tasks:
– inspection of waterways’ condition;
– crews, commissions and passengers transportation to a vessel;
– cargo (<0.5 tons) transportation;
– participation in rescue operations;
– pilots’ delivery and reception to/from a vessel, pilot maintenance at waterways.
Both boats will be given at Branchs’ disposal in September, 2012.
Source: Rosmorport, July 31, 2012