TechnipFMC nets EPCI contract for Captain EOR subsea equipment

TechnipFMC nets EPCI contract for Captain EOR subsea equipment

TechnipFMC has secured an engineering, procurement, construction and installation contract (EPCI) for subsea equipment for the Captain Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) project in the North Sea.

Captain field; Source: Ithaca Energy

Under the contract awarded by Ithaca Energy (UK), TechnipFMC will design, manufacture, deliver and install a rigid riser caisson, water injection flexible flowline, umbilicals and associated equipment.

“We are delighted to support Ithaca Energy on this important EOR expansion of the Captain field, utilizing our innovative design and installation technologies and solutions to unlock and maximize the recovery of hydrocarbons from the UK Continental Shelf,” said Jonathan Landes, president subsea at TechnipFMC.

“We look forward to helping Ithaca improve project economics, enhance performance and reduce emissions.”

The Captain field lies approximately 145 kilometers northeast of Aberdeen, Scotland, in the Outer Moray Firth area, in water depths of around 105.5 meters.

Ithaca Energy is the operator with an 85 per cent interest and Dana Petroleum is its partner with the remaining 15 per cent interest.

Last month, Ithaca Energy sanctioned the EOR Stage 2 project after receiving Field Development Plan Addendum consent from the UK’s Oil and Gas Authority (OGA).

The Captain field was discovered in 1977, in Block 13/22a located on the edge of the outer Moray Firth. The installation comprises a wellhead protector platform and bridge-linked platform connected to a floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel.