Tullow Gets Orinduik Block Seismic Data Set Off Guyana
Tullow Oil has received a data set of the recently acquired 2,550 square kilometers of 3D seismic on the company’s Orinduik Block, offshore Guyana.
Tullow is the operator of the block with the 60% stake, while Eco (Atlantic) Oil & Gas holds the remaining 40%.
The data set, delivered by PGS Geophysical, includes PSTM Angle Stacks and associated Inversion products that better define the geological lithology of the play, provide a better imaging of the sands, and allow the interpreters to more closely define target fluids.
Tullow and Eco have began the review and interpretation of this latest data set, which has also been forwarded to Total, Eco informed. This is in addition to other previously received sets of filtered PreSTM Fast Track and data sets from Tullow, which in turn, have also already been received by Total for their review, in accordance with its 25% farm-in option agreement and to help expedite the farm-out process.
Delivery of the final seismic data report to Total pursuant to the farm-out option agreement will be delivered once completed and the final product has been delivered from PGS.
Tullow has advised that Intermediate Kirchhoff PreSDM from PGS is anticipated to be completed in the last week of May.
Colin Kinley, chief operating officer of Eco Atlantic, said: “The company has the benefit of a significant 2D data set that ties into areas of the recent Exxon discoveries offshore Guyana, which are now estimated to exceed 3.2 billion barrels. This data ties back into our recently acquired 3D seismic and that has allowed us to better track the age and the quality of the sands and mechanisms that create the hydrocarbon traps.
“We are seeing many more interesting features and targets across the Orinduik Block. Given these results and the need for a more expanded and detailed interpretation, we have taken longer than we originally envisaged to complete the processing with good merit. The existence of multiple exploration targets on the block will be very significant, not only in the resource numbers, but also in the economics of this shallow water play, in terms of both drilling and potential development for our partnership, and for Guyana. The dataset will be released to Total as per the farm-out option agreement, and we believe this thoroughness with regards to processing and interpretation, should lead to a heightened resource estimate to that based on the historic 2D seismic.”