UK: FP7 MARINET Project Winners to Use Narec Facilities
The third call results relating to a €9 million EU funded FP7 MARINET Project* (Marine Renewables Infrastructure Network) were announced in June this year. Two projects from Luxembourg applicant, DNAC were successful:
- Onshore Cable Management System and Nacelle Intervetion Tool Testing (OCMSNITT)
- Wet Cable Management System and Nacelle Intervetion Tool Testing (WCMSNITT)
The projects will be granted access to Narec’s marine test site and electrical and materials laboratory from August 2013 onwards.
What Narec will offer
Narec will provide 49 weeks of access to its testing facilities for marine prototype testing, tidal turbine drive train (3MW capacity) and electrical grid integration. Costs of accessing the facility are covered by the EC (through the 7th Framework Programme) for defined periods of access, and a contribution is made towards travel costs.
Narec facilities available for use under the project include:
- 3MW turbine drive train test rig: 10 weeks total allocated allowance
- Charles Parsons Technology Centre (electrical & materials laboratory): 24 weeks total allocated allowance
- Dry dock/wave test: 15 weeks total allocated allowance
Press release, July 4, 2013; Image: narec