VIDEO: Anadarko upends Heidelberg spar in Gulf of Mexico

Anadarko Petroleum, an independent oil and gas exploration and production company, has recently posted a video of the Heidelberg floating truss spar upending.

The company upended their Gulf of Mexico Heidelberg truss spar in July 2015 and recorded the entire operation, from towing through upending to mooring.

In the meantime, the topsides have been integrated with the hull in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico. According to Anadarko, first oil is expected in the second quarter of 2016.

The Heidelberg oil field was discovered in January 2009 with the first successful appraisal well drilled in April 2012. According to Anadarko’s estimates, the field has 200-400 million barrels of recoverable resources.

According to the company, oil will be piped to Port Arthur, Texas, whereas gas will go to the Larose gas processing plant in Lousiana.

The development will have six production wells, two drill centers and a stand alone spar development.

Anadarko as operator has a 31.5% share in the field while the remaining 68.5% are shared by Cobalt, Eni, ExxonMobil, Freeport McMoran, Marubeni and Statoil.

The truss spar itself is built on the basis of Anadarko’s “design one, build two” concept. The Heidelberg construction is identical to that of the Lucius spar and has an 80 BOPD capacity and a gas production capacity of 150,000 MMcf/D. It is installed in 1615 meters of water depth in the Green Canyon block 859.

Offshore Energy Today Staff

[mappress mapid=”2912″]

Related news

List of related news articles