VIDEO: Pella Launches Project PE-65 Tug
Russian shipyard Pella has launched the tugboat of project PE-65 (building No 506) of the Acceptance Program of 2014.
Before the end of the year the tugboat will be delivered to the State Customer – Russian Navy and put into operation within the Northern Fleet of RF.
- towing of vessels and floating objects in harbor areas and open seas
- performing of escort operations at the speed of 10 knots
- fire fighting operations at floating and shore objects;
- oil and petroleum content products spill removal;
- rescue and salvage operations;
- ice–breaking of up to 0.8 m ice at the speed of up to 5 knots.
- Length max 34.4 m
- Width max 12.1 m
- Draft 4.4 m
- Speed 13.5 knots
- Classification: КМ Arc4 R1 Аut1 FF3WS EscortTug by Russian Maritime Register of shipping
- Propulsion system Z-drive US 255 FP, Rolls-Royce, FPP into nozzles
- bow double-drum anchor-towing-mooring electro-hydraulic winch М 140-180-2Т-2В-1С-FEH RED Fluidmecanica providing escort services, 20 t of bollard pull and 1860 kN of brake holding force;
- aft electro-hydraulic towing winch CHR-20-180-1Т-1С-ЕА RED Fluidmecanica, providing 20 t of bollard pull and 1800 kN of brake holding force;
- towing hook providing 650 kN of bollard pull with quick release device;
- cargo crane Fluidmecanica HLRM 45/5 S with lifting capacity of 19.5 kN at the boom of 13.5m.
Full load displacement is 860 t.
In order to fulfill fire-fighting operations the tugboat is equipped with external fire fighting system made by FFS (capacity is 1500 m3/h, 2 water monitors, water curtains system).
Press Release, March 7, 2014