WavEC Seminar 2015 to discuss French-Portuguese cooperation
This year WavEC Offshore Energy Center will hold its annual seminar in partnership with the French Embassy and the French Institute of Portugal.
The focus of the 2015 seminar is put on the following:
- vision of Portugal and France about marine renewable energies and cooperation opportunities between these two countries,
- the effect of marine renewable energies in the internationalisation of the supply chain and reconversion of the Portuguese shipyards,
- the effort of the French shipyards in the exploitation of marine renewable energies,
- the experience of international technology developers active in the two countries,
- public and private funding and the role of CCDR and Portugal 2020 in the development of marine renewable energies.
The seminar will be held on November 16, 2015, at Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation in Lisbon, Portugal.
WavEC is a non-profit research and innovation center based in Lisbon, Portugal, specialized in wave energy and offshore wind.
Since 2004 WavEC has been operating 400 kW Pico wave energy power plant, that was co-funded by the European Commission, and built in order to demonstrate the technical viability of wave energy on a small island grid.
Image: WavEC/WavEC Seminar 2014