2016 MATE ROV Competition Winners Announced
2016 MATE international ROV competition winners are Eastern Edge Robotics of Memorial University of Newfoundland – Explorer Class, and Ozaukee High School-Ozaukee Robotics in Ranger Class.
The 15th annual competition took place June 23-25 at the NASA Johnson Space Center’s Neutral Buoyancy Lab (NBL) in Houston, Texas.
Explores Class runners-up are Jesuit Robotics of Jesuit High School from Carmichael, California and AMNO & CO from Seattle, Washington.
In the Ranger Class second place went to Sea Sweepers the Highway 68 ROV Club from Salinas, California, followed by Thomas E. Harrington Middle School’s SeaBots from Mount Laurel, New Jersey.
Product presentation MVP award winners are:
– Rachel Seymour,Eastern Edge Robotics;
– Albert Tanoto, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology – Epoxsea;
– Megan Behrens, Dalhousie University – Tiger Sharks.
– Sean Purchase, Mount Pearl High School – Husky Explorer;
– Nicholas Leos, STEM Early College High School – Deep Dive Project;
– Natasha Sanchez, Foy H. Moody High School – Aquabot Technicians;
– Nickolai Dolzhanko, Center for Robotics Development – RoboCenter.
Subsea World News Staff