Angola LNG re-starts production

The Chevron-led $10 billion Angola LNG project has started producing chilled gas with first cargoes to be available soon on a tender, the project’s spokeswoman told LNG World News on Tuesday.

In an emailed statement, the spokeswoman said¬†“the re-commissioning of the plant is proceeding satisfactorily and in accordance with the commissioning and start-up plans.”

Chevron CEO John Watson said at the end of April that the first cargo from the project, that was closed in April 2014 after a major rupture on a flare line, is expected in May.

However, the spokeswoman noted the first LNG cargoes will be available in the near future, via a competitive tender process, without providing an exact date of the first cargo.

Reuters recently quoted trade sources as saying the tender for the supply of LNG cargoes from the project, expected in June, had been postponed, although the first vessel could be dispatched during the following month.

Angola LNG is a joint venture between Sonangol (22.8%), Chevron (36.4%), BP (13.6%), Eni (13.6%), and Total (13.6%).

The LNG plant, located in Soyo, is a single-train facility able to produce 5.2 million tons per year.

 

LNG World News Staff

Related news

List of related news articles