CGG kicks off Gulf of Thailand survey for KrisEnergy

Oil and gas company KrisEnergy has announced that the survey vessel CGG Amadeus has started an 884 sq. km 3D seismic acquisition program in the G10/48 contract area in the Gulf of Thailand.

KrisEnergy said that the program, which was awarded to CGG Services, is estimated to last 41 days. The seismic program will be carried out in two sub-areas of the G10/48 licence – northwest of Wassana and southwest of Wassana – approximately 3 to 38 km from the Wassana mobile offshore production unit.

The Wassana oil field came into production in August 2015. The company stated that, once complete, the seismic data will be integrated with existing data over most of the identified prospective areas of the G10/48 block.

The block also contains the Niramai, Mayura and Rayrai oil accumulations. G10/48 covers 1,783 sq. km over two discreet areas in the Gulf of Thailand over the southern margin of the Pattani Basin in water depths up to 60 metres.

KrisEnergy holds a 89% working interest and operatorship of G10/48. Palang Sophon holds the remaining 11%.

Related news

List of related news articles