CNOOC enters into petroleum contract with PetroChina

  • Business & Finance

CNOOC Limited’s subsidiary, CNOOC China Limited, has signed a petroleum contract with PetroChina for Beibu Gulf 23/29 Block and Beibu Gulf 24/11 Block offshore China. 

Beibu Gulf 23/29 Block and Beibu Gulf 24/11 Block are located in the Fushan sag and Leidong sag of Beibu Gulf Basin in the South China Sea, respectively.

Beibu Gulf 23/29 Block covers a total area of 980 square kilometers with a water depth of 0-85 meters. Beibu Gulf 24/11 Block covers a total area of 464 square kilometers with a water depth of 20-40 meters.

CNOOC said on Wednesday that, according to terms of the petroleum contract, PetroChina will act as the operator during the exploration period in the contract area and bear 70% of direct exploration expenditures; CNOOC China Limited bears the other 30% of direct exploration expenditures.

The other exploration expenditures will be borne by each party separately and will not be credited to the relevant joint account. Once entering into the development and production phase, the two parties, each with 50% participating interests of the contract area, will set up a joint operation organization to act as joint operators.

Earlier this month, CNOOC also entered into a production sharing contract with Smart Oil for Bohai 09/17 Block offshore China.

Spotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email.

Offshore Energy Today, established in 2010, is read by over 10,000 industry professionals daily. We had nearly 9 million page views in 2018, with 2.4 million new users. This makes us one of the world’s most attractive online platforms in the space of offshore oil and gas and allows our partners to get maximum exposure for their online campaigns. 

If you’re interested in showcasing your company, product or technology on Offshore Energy Today contact our marketing manager Mirza Duran for advertising options.

Related news

List of related news articles