Eni reaches ‘record production’ from Nooros off Egypt

Italian oil company Eni has reached a production of 700 million cubic feet of gas per day, corresponding to 128,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boed) of which 67,000 net to Eni, from Nooros field, off Egypt. 

The field was discovered in Egypt’s Nile Delta in July 2015 and put into production in September 2015.

According to the company’s statement on Monday, this record—setting production was achieved just 13 months after the discovery and ahead of schedule thanks to the last exploration wells drilled in the area of Nidoco and the drilling of new development wells.

The production of 700 million cubic feet of gas per day is currently guaranteed by 7 wells; furthermore, with the drilling of additional wells, the field is expected to reach a maximum production capacity of about 160,000 boed in the spring of 2017, the company stated.

The gas and condensate produced are sent to Abu Madi’s treatment system, located 25 kilometers from the discovery and then allocated in the Egyptian network.

Eni noted that, thanks to the mature operating environment and the conventional nature of the project, production costs are among the lowest in the company’s portfolio.

The development and production of Nooros field are operated by Petrobel on behalf of Nidoco company, a joint venture between IEOC, BP and the state company Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC).

Eni’s subsidiary IEOC Production BV holds a 75% stake in the concession, while BP holds the remaining 25%.

Related news

List of related news articles