Eni sets new record with production from Nooros gas field
Italian oil company Eni has strengthened its record production from the Nooros gas field, offshore Egypt, which reached a production of 32 million cubic meters per day, equivalent to around 215,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boed).
This production level represents the highest ever recorded by an Eni field in Egypt in the last 50 years, Eni said on Thursday.
According to the Italian company, this result has been reached thanks to the start-up of the NW-7 well, the thirteenth drilled within this field. In addition, production levels will increase further by June 2018 when a fourteenth well, currently under drilling, will start-up.
This is expected to allow Eni to reach 34 million cubic meters per day of production, equivalent to around 230,000 boed, the company said.
The Nooros field was discovered in July 2015 in the Nile Delta offshore area and put into production in record time the following month. It is currently Eni’s main gas producing field in its Egyptian asset portfolio.
Eni added that Nooros’ development will also be optimized in the mid-term following the extension of the development lease that will entail new investments, in particular the construction of a new trunkline linking Nooros with the El Gamil onshore treatment plant by year end 2018 and early 2019.
These measures will also include the start-up of Baltim SW (where Eni holds a 50% stake through its affiliate IEOC Production BV, while BP holds the remaining 50%) and will allow the swift start-up of any future exploration potential in the Nile Delta area.
In the Nile Delta Concession, where Nooros is located, Eni holds a 75% stake through its affiliate IEOC Production BV, while BP holds the remaining 25%.