Equinor’s Peregrino C jacket sails to final destination in Brazil

The Peregrino C jacket, built by Heerema Fabrication Group for Equinor, has left a fabrication yard in the Netherlands and sailed away to Brazil.

The Peregrino C jacket in Heerema’s yard. Source: Heerema Fabrication Group

Equinor awarded Heerema Fabrication Group the procurement & construction contract for the Peregrino II WHP C Jacket in May 2017. The construction started in November 2017 at Heerema’s Vlissingen yard.

In a social media post on Thursday, Heerema Fabrication Group reported that the jacket had left its Vlissingen yard in the Netherlands.

The jacket is approximately 135 meters tall with a footprint of 66 x 53 meters and it weighs 9,200 tonnes.

Primary function of the jacket is the foundation for the topside including the drilling and process facilities, utilities, power generation, living quarters and a helideck with a design operational weight of 25,000 tonnes. The jacket is also designed for storage of fresh drill water with caissons for submerged pumps connected to such storage tanks.

The Equinor-operated Peregrino oil field is located in licenses BM-C-7 and BM-C-47, approximately 85km offshore Brazil, in the Campos basin, in water depths of 100m. It is the company’s largest international operation outside Norway.

The field consists of two fixed wellhead platforms and floating production storage and offloading unit.

The Peregrino C platform is part of the Peregrino Phase II Project, which includes the addition of a third fixed wellhead platform to the field. The second phase is expected to be developed at a cost of $3.5 billion.

The new Peregrino C platform is scheduled to come on stream in late 2020. The platform will contribute to prolonging the lifetime for the Peregrino field and will create value for 20 years. It will add 273 million in recoverable reserves.

Equinor and Sinochem are joint field owners, with Equinor being the operator with a 60% interest in the asset. Sinochem holds the remaining 40% interest in the field.

Offshore Energy Today Staff

Spotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email.

Also, if you’re interested in showcasing your company, product or technology on Offshore Energy Today, please contact us via our advertising form where you can also see our media kit.

Related news

List of related news articles