PHOTO: Heerema cuts first steel for Statoil’s Peregrino II jacket
- Project & Tenders
Dutch contractor Heerema Fabrication Group has cut first steel for the Peregrino II jacket, marking the beginning of the construction phase for the Statoil-operated project located off Brazil.
The steel-cutting ceremony was held at Heerema’s Vlissingen yard, according to the Dutch company’s Monday update released through its social media channels.
The Peregrino jacket will be approximately 135 meters tall, have a footprint of 66 x 53 meters and will weigh 9,300 tonnes (excluding the 12 piles). The plan is for the jacket to be ready for sail away from Heerema’s yard in October 2019.
To remind, Heerema was awarded a procurement and construction contract for the Peregrino II jacket by South Atlantic Holding B.V. on behalf of the Statoil Peregrino II project off Brazil in mid-May.
The Statoil-operated Peregrino – discovered in 1994 – is a heavy oil field, situated in the South and South West section of the Campos Basin, approximately 85 kilometers of the coast of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Statoil holds 60% interest in the field while the remaining 40% is held by Chinese company Sinochem.
The field is presently developed with two wellhead platforms and a floating production, storage and offloading unit (FPSO). A system of pipelines, risers and cables connects this FPSO and the two wellhead platforms.
The Peregrino Phase II Field Development will add a third wellhead platform, as this area is not accessible by the existing two platforms. It contains an eight-legged jacket and a wellhead platform with a drilling unit (WHP-C) tied-back to the existing FPSO.
Phase II will enhance production from the Peregrino field by increasing the number of production wells with a total of 21 – 15 oil producers and 6 water injectors.
Earlier this year, Norway’s Apply Leirvik was put in charge of building the living quarters module for the Peregrino II platform while TechnipFMC was put in charge of engineering, procurement, manufacturing, construction, installation and pre-commissioning of the rigid pipelines, flexible lines and the required subsea equipment.
Offshore Energy Today Staff