Hudong-Zhonghua delivers 2nd APLNG-dedicated tanker

  • Vessels
Naming and delivery ceremony on January 6

Japan’s Mitsui O.S.K. Lines said that the Australia Pacific LNG-dedicated carrier CESI Qingdao had been delivered last week at Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding in China.

The 174,100-cbm dual-fuel diesel-electric vessel was ordered by the joint venture of China COSCO Shipping Corporation and Sinopec, named China Energy Shipping Investment (CESI), and MOL.

CESI holds 80 percent ownership in the LNG carrier with MOL owning the remaining 20 percent.

The CESI Qingdao is the second vessel to serve in the LNG transport project for Sinopec. The 290m-long LNG carrier will ship the chilled fuel from the ConocoPhillips-operated APLNG plant on Curtis Island off Gladstone.

Sinopec has booked 7.6 million tons of LNG per year from the APLNG project, where it holds a 25 percent stake.

A total of 6 carriers will be built at Hudong for the LNG transport project. The first vessel, the CESI Gladstone, was delivered at the end of October, 2016.

Related news

List of related news articles