Hyperdynamics Resumes Sabu-1 Drilling Offshore Guinea

Hyperdynamics Resumes Sabu-1 Drilling Offshore Guinea (2)

Hyperdynamics Corporation resumed drilling operations on the Sabu-1 exploration well yesterday, on January 29th, in its concession offshore the Republic of Guinea in West Africa.

Drilling recommenced from a point 2,304 meters subsea, after it was suspended on January 23 due to the drilling equipment problems. The well is expected to encounter prospective upper Cretaceous sandstone reservoirs while drilling to a total subsea depth of 3,600 meters.

The Houston based oil & gas exploration company, Hyperdynamics, is the operator in the Guinea with 77 %  interest. The remaining 23 percent held by Aberdeen-based Dana Petroleum. The well is operated through AGR, a well management company.

[mappress]
Offshore Energy Today Staff, January 30, 2012; Image: Hyperdynamics

 

 

Related news

List of related news articles