ICOE 2020: Energizing a Powerful Blue Economy
The National Hydropower Association (NHA) has released the date, location and topic areas for the upcoming 2020 International Conference on Ocean Energy (ICOE).
The event is scheduled to take place on May 19-21, 2020 at the Marriott Marquis Washington, D.C.
The theme for ICOE 2020 is “Energizing a Powerful Blue Economy.” The event will showcase breakthroughs in ocean energy technology research and development, prepare ocean renewable energy to benefit the larger “Blue Economy” and the electrical grid, and identify research needed to further advance the state of the technology.
The event has been organized into the following key topic areas for panels, presentations and workshops:
- International Developer and Technology Showcase;
- The Future of Our Oceans and Ocean Energy’s Potential to Power the Blue Economy;
- Foundational and Cross-Cutting Research and Development;
- Enabling the Long-term Evolution of Ocean Energy Industries;
- How Do We Get There? Securing Funding, Supportive Policies, and Regulatory Acceptance;
In the coming weeks, NHA will be announcing the call for abstracts and posters which will align with the topic areas and goals above.
Every two years, ICOE gathers over 800 international stakeholders, experts and exhibitors from the ocean energy sectors (tidal, wave, ocean currents, ocean thermal gradients) to discuss device innovation, new market developments and regulatory frameworks to spur commercialization.