Kentz Proposes to Buy Valerus Field Solutions
Kentz Corporation announced the proposed acquisition of the Valerus field solutions business for US$435 million in cash.
- Valerus FS is a US-based integrated oil and gas surface facility solutions provider which provides a full suite of products and services from the well head to the pipeline as well as an integrated services capability
- The Acquisition is consistent with Kentz’s strategy of establishing itself as a recognised market leader in providing highly skilled process engineering, EPCM and EPC services for small and medium sized oil and gas processing facilities worldwide.
In particular, the acquisition is expected to deliver the following principal benefits:
- increased exposure to high value, high margin contracts further up the value chain;
- expanded offering through the addition of 665 employees including 198 personnel with demonstrable experience in gas handling and processing;
- diversified and expanded operational footprint with Valerus FS strongly positioned in the US onshore oil and gas market, including shale gas, a new market for Kentz;
- increased exposure to Latin American markets with Valerus FS’ established presence in Brazil, Mexico, Colombia and Venezuela;
- an increased ability to leverage and enhance existing EPC capabilities and differentiators in onshore oil and gas processing facilities;
- the potential to offer integrated solutions for clients and bid on contracts, where previously the Group would not have been able to due to the specific range of capabilities required;
- an increased focus on mid-sized modular projects expected in gas plants and EPF;
- a strong, diversified client base with over 60 per cent. of Valerus FS’ work being from repeat clients, only a few of which are current Kentz customers; and
- increased opportunities for Kentz by providing services to the outsourced portion of Valerus FS’ projects.
Christian Brown, Chief Executive Officer of Kentz commented: “We have achieved exceptional organic growth since listing in 2008. We have also highlighted our desire to expand our offering through selective acquisition that creates shareholder value. The Board of Kentz believes that, consistent with our strategy, the acquisition of Valerus Field solutions will help to establish Kentz as a recognised market leader in providing highly skilled process engineering, EPCM and EPC services for small and medium sized oil and gas processing facilities worldwide. It also provides us with a significant presence in the growing US market.”
LNG World News Staff, December 9, 2013; Image: Valerus