KrisEnergy kicks off Thai drilling program with Montha well
- Exploration & Production
Oil and gas company KrisEnergy has informed that the Mist jack-up rig has started drilling the Montha-1 exploration well in the G10/48 contract area in the Gulf of Thailand.
Montha-1 is located in the G10/48 reservation area, approximately 15 km of the existing Wassana oil field. The well is planned to be drilled to a total depth of 10,456 feet measured depth (-9,150 feet true vertical depth subsea).
Announcing the beginning of the drilling campaign on Monday, KrisEnergy said that, once completed, the Mist rig will mobilize to the Wassana production area where three firm infill wells are planned plus one contingent well.
KrisEnergy is the operator of G10/48 holding 89% working interest. Palang Sophon Limited holds the remaining 11%. The 2013-built Mist jack-up rig is owned and operated by Borr Drilling Management DMCC, which acquired it from Transocean. The rig was previously known as Transocean Siam Driller.
According to information on VesselsValue, the four-month drilling contract between KrisEnergy and Borr ends in March 2019.
The G10/48 contract area covers 1,525 sq. km over the Southern Pattani Basin in water depths of up to 60 meters. The Gulf of Thailand is a core operational area for KrisEnergy. The company has a working interest in the B8/32 producing license and operates G10/48 as well as G6/48, which contains the Rossukon oil development project. The company also operates Block A across the maritime border in Cambodian waters, where it is developing the Apsara oil field.
Last week KrisEnergy awarded a contract to Keppel for the modification and upgrading of a production barge, which will be deployed in the Apsara oil field. When completed, the production barge will be capable of processing up to 30,000 barrels of fluid per day and equipped with gas, oil and water separation facilities.