Norway: Statoil Awards Technip Vigdis NE Field Development Contract
Technip was awarded by Statoil a contract, worth approximately €55 million (USD 79.19 million) , for the Vigdis NE field development located in the Norwegian Sea at a water depth of 220 – 310 meters.
This contract covers:
* welding and installation of flowlines*, including a 1.5 kilometer pipe-in-pipe production flowline and a 9 kilometer plastic-lined water injection flowline,
* supply of flexible tails for the flowlines,
* subsea equipment installation,
* installation and tie-ins of flowlines flexible tails, jumpers and umbilicals.
Technip’s operating center in Oslo, Norway will execute the contract. Flowline welding will take place in the Group’s spoolbase in Orkanger, Norway, while flowline installation will be performed with the Apache II, a pipelay vessel from Technip fleet, in mid-2012.
* Flowline: a pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 23,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Source: Technip, May 9, 2011; Image:Statoil