Schlumberger hired for multi-well campaign at Ororo (Nigeria)
- Business & Finance
Sirius Petroleum has entered into a contract for the provision of an integrated services management (ISM) with the oilfield services company Schlumberger at the Ororo field off Nigeria.
The Ororo field, discovered in 1986, lies in shallow waters offshore Ondo State in water depths ranging between 23ft and 27 ft.
Guarantee Petroleum has a 55% participating equity interest in the Ororo field with Owena Oil & Gas as its partner, holding the remaining 45% interest. Sirius Petroleum acts as the technical and financing partner in the development of the Ororo field.
As part of Sirius’ shallow offshore development strategy in Nigeria, the contract with Schlumberger is for a multi-well campaign, which will start in the first half of 2017, Sirius stated on Monday.
The contract envisages a drilling program on the Ororo field, located within Oil Mining Lease (OML 95), and can be expanded to include other potential offshore assets.
Also as part of its development strategy in Nigeria, Sirius in November entered into an offshore drilling contract with COSL Drilling for the provision of a jack-up rig that will be used to drill a multi well campaign on the Ororo field, starting in the first half of 2017.
Back to the agreement with Schlumberger, the oilfield services provider will provide Sirius with a package of managed and integrated products and services including directional drilling services, logging, completion and production fluids, cementing and pumping services, well intervention and stimulation products and services, well testing services, wellsite communications and data and software solutions.
Back in July 2016, the partners in the Ororo field license gained a three-year extension from the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources.
Offshore Energy Today Staff