Shell Discovers Gas at Marjoram-1 Well Off Malaysia
Shell announces further exploration success in Malaysia with another gas discovery at the Shell-operated deep-water Marjoram-1 well.
“Our strategy to expand our heartland areas through technologically advanced exploration is delivering tangible success in deep-water in Malaysia,” said Andrew Brown, Shell Upstream International Director.
“We have a long history in the region, and the addition of new natural gas resources this year ensures we are able to continue to provide cost-effective, reliable, cleaner energy options for the future.”
The Marjoram-1 well is located 180 kilometres off the Malaysia coast in Block SK318, in 800 metres of water. Earlier this year, Shell announced the Rosmari-1 gas discovery, also in this block.
Block SK318 is operated by Shell with an 85% interest, with the remaining 15% held by PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd.
Press Release, August 26, 2014; Image: Shell