Shell UK picks Fugro for Pensacola prospect surveys

Shell UK has selected Fugro GB North Marine to carry out geophysical and geotechnical site surveys at the Pensacola Prospect in preparation for the drilling of the exploration well.

The site survey is expected to commence at the end of July and run until the third quarter of 2021.

Shell is the operator of the P2252 licence which contains the Pensacola prospect with a 70 per cent interest, while Deltic Energy holds the remaining 30 per cent interest.

The joint venture partners recently made a positive well investment decision to drill the high-impact Pensacola Prospect in the UK Southern North Sea next year.

“The commissioning of the site survey is a key part of the well planning process and represents an important milestone as the Joint Venture continues the preparatory works required in advance of the drilling of the high impact exploration well on the Pensacola prospect,” said Graham Swindells, CEO of Deltic Energy.

“We look forward to continuing to progress through the planning phase towards drilling in May 2022.”