SMi FLNG Conference to Take Place in London
SMi’s 2nd annual Floating LNG conference, taking place on 17-18 February in London, will play host to leading Floating LNG innovators, with an array of case studies provided on current and upcoming projects from across the globe. The two-day conference programme will address how those at the forefront of the FLNG progress have adapted to various technology challenges and how they have made the most of out new business opportunities.
Over $70 billion is to be spent on projects within the floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) market between 2012 and 2020, averaging at $8.3 billion per year with investment peaking in 2017. Around 30% of new global re-gasification capacity will be through floating LNG terminals. In recent years it has become clear that the vast resources of both conventional and unconventional natural gas will see it dominate the energy mix over the next century as these reserves are exploited and brought into production. The drive to develop is coming from a substitution effect as a result of high oil prices and a move away from the use of both coal and nuclear energy.
Against this backdrop, SMi’s the 2nd annual Floating LNG conference will provide updates on current projects, LNG market dynamics, advances in construction and technology, new business opportunities and how to make the most of them from industry innovators INPEX, United LNG, Braemar Engineering, Gasol, Pangea LNG and Höegh FLNG among others.
Speaker Panel includes:
- Dinar Indriana,Senior Project Communication Coordinator, Abadi FLNG Project, INPEX
- Benjamin Mauries,Project Manager, Technology Development, Saipem
- Christopher Caudill, Director, United LNG
- Constantyn Gieskes, Project Manager, Braemar Engineering
- Alan Buxton, Chief Operating Officer, Gasol
- Rene van Vliet, Chief Project and Technology Officer, Pangea LNG
- Thomas Fiskaa, Vice President, Business Development, Hoegh LNG
- Richard Tylor, Partner, Hogan Lovells
- David Haynes, Principal Consultant, GL Noble Denton
- Graham Hartnell, LNG Gas Consultant, Poten & Partners.
LNG World News Staff, December 2, 2013