UK: FoundOcean Celebrates New Milestone
FoundOcean hit a milestone in its 45 year history in November, with a record number of personnel mobilised on offshore projects.
“This is a very exciting and busy time for FoundOcean. The success of the company relies on the dedication and skill of our offshore personnel who provide our clients with the high quality, safe and successful grouting services that are demanded,” praised Paul Burns, Operations Director for FoundOcean.
The 44-strong team were mobilised across four continents to undertake the following contracts:
- North Rankin B (NRB) off the coast of Western Australia
- Grouting a pipeline repair clamp with a supporting fabric formwork in the Gulf of Mexico
- Two platform installation contracts offshore Malaysia
- Installation foundation grouting for a platform off the coast of Spain
- Planned upgrade works to an existing platform in the North Sea
- Grouting of a spoolpiece support bag offshore Canada
- Planned equipment maintenance at the offshore service base in Batam, Indonesia
“The company has resisted the general downsizing trend through the recession by nearly doubling the number of staff we employ from 40 to 75; a large proportion of these have been offshore personnel.” Jim Bell, Managing Director for FoundOcean continued, “This has been in direct response to the number of contracts we have secured for 2012 and beyond in both the oil and gas and offshore wind sectors, a trend we hope to see continue.”
Offshore Energy Today Staff , December 12, 2011; Image: Foundocean