Hejre jacket; Source: Apollo

UK player snaps up multimillion-dollar job on North Sea oil project

UK-based engineering and energy advisory consultancy Apollo has been hired on a project management consultancy (PMC) contract, enabling it to work on a partially developed oil field in the North Sea off the coast of Denmark.

Hejre jacket; Source: Apollo

This £10 million (over $12.56 million) PMC deal is for INEOS E&P’s Hejre oil and gas project, which has been in development since the early 2010s and encompasses the development of a greenfield platform, subsea infrastructure, and associated complex brownfield modifications.

Marissa Stephen, Business Development Director at Apollo, remarked: “It’s a privilege to be part of such an expansive greenfield development. Apollo’s partnership with INEOS marks a significant milestone in our journey, showcasing our proven ability to deliver results on the global stage.”

Apollo explains that the four-year international project will see its team operating across multiple countries, overseeing the project delivery, as the UK firm’s role incorporates supporting through engineering discipline and project control personnel from front end engineering design (FEED) through to first oil.

Rasmus Enemark-Rasmussen, Project Manager for INEOS, commented: “We are delighted that Apollo are onboard to provide valuable resource to the project as part of an integrated collaborative team. We look forward to what we can achieve together.”

Furthermore, Apollo will work closely with INEOS to manage all aspects of engineering and third-party involvement. The Hejre permits, 5/98 and 1/06, were extended last year by the Danish Energy Agency (DEA) from 2040 to 2047.

Located 300 km from Demark’s west coast, the Hejre oil and gas field is operated by INEOS, which has a 100% stake in license 5/98 and an 80% operated interested in license 1/06, with Nordsøfonden holding the remaining 20% stake.

The assignment on the Hejre project comes several months after Apollo won a contract with NEO Energy for a FEED study, which will support the planned redevelopment of an oil project on the UK Continental Shelf (UKCS).