UK: Raymarine Launches New CHIRP Powered Dragonfly(TM) Sonar/GPS
Raymarine’s high-performance Dragonfly™ Sonar/GPS brings the power and crisp detail of advanced CHIRP sonar to underwater imaging and to anglers at a very affordable price. The new easy-fit, stand-alone Dragonfly™ is a dual-channel CHIRP sonar and GPS chartplotter combination and comes complete with its own dual-element CHIRP transducer; ideal for smaller boats of almost any kind.
Dragonfly’s dual channel CHIRP technology enables users to target fish with sonar and explore underwater structure with photo-like clarity using Dragonfly’s high resolution, DownVision™ sonar. Unlike conventional sonars, Dragonfly’s uses CHIRP technology to transmit across a wide spectrum of sonar signals – the result is much higher fidelity sonar returns in both DownVision and fish targeting sonar modes. Since Dragonfly has two dedicated CHIRP sonar channels users can enjoy simultaneous views of both fish-targeting sonar and lifelike DownVision imagery using Dragonfly’s dual sonar, split-screen display.
Dragonfly is engineered for high performance and simple operation with automatic sonar optimisation and an incredibly easy user-interface; the intuitive Uni-controller lets users quickly dial through DownVision, sonar and GPS menu displays with ease. Dragonfly’s built-in 50-channel GPS with fast-acquisition position technology gives performance with the benefit of simple installation. Dragonfly models are available with Navionics Silver charts or Gold small chart downloads for inland and coastal waters, offering high quality, accurate maps right out of the box.
For maximum visibility in bright sunlight Dragonfly features a large 5.7” ultra-bright 1500 nit display that is optically bonded for excellent colour and contrast. For added on board security, the Dragonfly display can be secured in its quick-release, tilt-and-swivel, drop-in base using an optional Thule lock core.
Dragonfly Key Feature Summary
• Photo like imagery of bottom structure using CHIRP DownVision™
• CHIRP powered Dual Channel sonar. View high resolution DownVision™ structure images and target fish with CHIRP sonar simultaneously using dual sonar mode
• Perfectly matched dual-beam CHIRP transducer with a wide 60° x 1.4° fan beam for DownVision™ imagery plus a conical 25° beam for targeting fish
• High accuracy temperature sensor built into the transducer
• Built in 50 channel GPS sensor with fast-acquisition technology
• Available with industry-leading Navionics charts included on microSD
• Simple user interface for easy access to menu options and display choices
• Ultra-bright 1500 nit optically bonded sunlight display for maximum readability in all conditions
• Tilt/Swivel quick-release drop-in base with optional Thule lock core for added security
All Dragonfly units include a high-performance, transom-mount, dual-element CHIRP DownVision™ transducer.
Press Release, February 26, 2013