USA: MDL Presents Custom-Built 4D Surveying Vessel
Following the success of their Dynascan mobile mapping system (the world’s first truly portable LiDAR system) and the increasing market demand for a combined multi-beam sonar and LiDAR data collection system, Measurement Devices produced the industry’s first custom designed and built 4D data collection hydrographic survey vessel, the DYNASCAN-1.
The DYNASCAN-1 is a trailerable 30 foot LOA ‘V’ bottom aluminium work boat, which has been designed and built for shallow water survey operations. The vessel is fitted with the latest precise positioning, data collection and processing systems and is capable of simultaneously acquiring 360° field of view high precision 4D (X,Y,Z and TIME) data from below and above the surface of inshore and inland waterways, in real time, and referenced to a single common reference point in space and time.
Benefits of MDL’s 4D Survey Vessel
- Simultaneous real-time above and below water 3D surveying
- Fully integrated acquisition and data processing onboard the vessel
- 3D visualization software for rapid data assessment
- Fully calibrated ready to go vessel (no mobilization / demobilization delays)
- Trailerable, transportable, high cruise speed vessel
- Fully air conditioned crew quarters
Shipbuilding Tribune Staff, July 3, 2012; Image: mdl