VIDEO: Martin Linge topside modules arrive in Stavanger. Offshore installation in July
Two largest modules for the Martin Linge platform topsides have arrived in Stavanger and the Rosenberg WorleyParsons yard where they will be prepared for offshore installation scheduled for July.
As previously reported by Offshore Energy Today, the modules for the Statoil-operated Martin Linge development located in the North Sea reached Norway on Tuesday, carried by the Dockwise-owned heavy lift semi-submersible vessel Black Marlin.
The 76-day journey began from a Samsung Heavy yard in South Korea where the the utility and process modules were built. The two modules weigh 20 000 tonnes in total and the cranes rake are 72 meters tall.
The third, accommodation module was built by Apply Emtunga in Sweden.
Statoil launched a video of the arrival of two modules from South Korea on Thursday, March 29, confirming the arrival and revealing further plans for this part of the platform.
Namely, Statoil said that the Rosenberg WorleyParsons yard would prepare the modules for installation on the field in the North Sea. This is scheduled to happen at the end of July. Rosenberg WorleyParsons was hired for the Martin Linge platform hook up and commissioning work back in 2014.
Statoil took over operatorship of the Martin Linge field from Total on March 19, 2018. The Norwegian major now has a 70% interest in the field and the remaining 30% is held by Petoro.
Found in 1975, the Martin Linge is an oil and gas discovery located 42 kilometers west of Oseberg, at a water depth of 115 meters.
The development consists of a wellhead production and accommodation platform with a steel jacket and a floating, storage and offloading unit (FSO) for oil storage. A mobile jack-up rig is utilized for the drilling of production wells. The installation will be supplied with power from shore. The platform jacket was installed back in 2014 when Total had the operatorship of the field.
Production start-up is expected in the first half 2019.
Offshore Energy Today Staff