VIDEO: Wartsila Powers LNG Fueled Viking Grace (Finland)
Among the large passenger vessels built to date, m/s Viking Grace is the most environmentally sound and most energy efficient. The Viking Grace entered service in 2013 and operates between Turku and Stockholm in the Baltic Sea.
Wärtsilä has provided a multitude of environmentally sound solutions to the ship, including:
• Four Wärtsilä 8L50DF dual-fuel main engines
• Transverse bow and stern tunnel thrusters
• Two fixed pitch propellers
• Propeller shaft lines including environmentally sound, non-polluting shaft line seal systems
• LNG tanks and fuel supply and handling equipment
• Safety and automation systems
Viking Line and Wärtsilä have for a long time successfully cooperated on ship propulsion systems. Over the years Wärtsilä has been the main supplier of diesel engines for Viking Line’s new vessels.
LNG World News Staff, October 29, 2013; Image: Wärtsilä