Belgium: Elia Asset Unveils Plan for Artificial Island
Elia Asset NV has prepared a 5 year frame agreement for all engineering office tasks for an artificial island in the Belgian Offshore Grid.
The artificial island will probably be situated up to 45 kms off the shore of the Belgian coast and the water depth can go up to 21m.
The engineering requirements of the artificial island include but are not limited to the following fields of expertise:
– Conceptual and feasibility study for an artificial island, with not limitative list of integrated elements:
– Specific site conditions;
– Certification needs;
– Restrictions of permits and consents in the design;
– Other elements;
– Installation techniques for submarine cables;
– Building techniques for artificial islands;
– Stress tests of island models in scales 1/25 and 1/50 and 1/100;
– Erosion control techniques of artificial islands.
The deadline for this tender is November 28, 2012.
Dredging Today Staff, November 9, 2012