BSEE Earmarks USD 6 Mln for Oil Spill Research
The US Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) is soliciting proposals for oil spill response research projects and will be investing up to USD 6 million in 2015 for the purpose.
The bureau called for white papers focusing specifically on one of seven topic areas for proposed research covering oil spill response operations on the U.S. Outer Continental Shelf.
The deadline for submitting white papers is February 9th, 2015.
Topics should be limited to the following:
- Innovative Methods to Remove Surface Oil under Arctic Conditions;
- Decanting Recovered Oil at Sea;
- Quantifying In-situ Burn Efficiency;
- Innovative New Uses of Chemical Herders to Enhance Oil Spill Mitigation Efforts;
- Develop an Innovative Dispersant Spray Drift Model;
- Determine the Effect of Various Deep-Ocean Conditions on Dispersant Effectiveness; and
- Evaluate Dispersant Effectiveness of Subsea Applications in Ocean Brine Pools.