Gaz Métro expands Montreal LNG plant’s production capacity

Gaz Métro expands Montreal LNG plant's production capacity
Image courtesy of Gaz Métro

Gaz Métro said its unit Gaz Métro LNG completed the expansion project tripling the capacity of its Montréal natural gas liquefaction plant.

The project increases the annual liquefaction capacity of Gaz Métro’s Montréal plant from 3 billion cubic feet to more than 9 billion cubic feet (bcf), the company said in its statement on Monday.

Martin Imbleau, senior vice president, operations, transport and development of new energies at Gaz Métro, said the upgraded facility enables the company to expand its presence in the New England market.

John Vaughn, National Grid vice president of energy procurement added that the “demand for natural gas in New England is rising,” noting that cooperation with Gaz Métro enables the company to diversify its supply chain.

National Grid’s Massachusetts and Rhode Island gas distribution companies are both served by Gaz Métro LNG.

Gaz Métro LNG is a partnership in which Gaz Métro holds a 58 percent stake while the remaining 42 percent being owned by Investissement Québec.

Related news

List of related news articles