Ocean Rig Corcovado Drillship En Route to Greenland
On May 5th the Ocean Rig Corcovado commenced its voyage from Peterhead to Greenland. The drillship has been successfully prepared for the Greenland Campaign, including installation of Cairn 3rd party equipment bunkering for drilling of three wells. The ship is expected to arrive at the well-site in about 8 days.
Ocean Rig’s drillships are based upon the Saipem 10K design. They are a successful and well proven design complete with full dual derrick enhancements to ensure optimal operational efficiency. The first vessel was delivered to Ocean Rig on 3 January 2011 and the other two vessels are scheduled for delivery 29 July and 30 September 2011.
• Water depth capacity of 10,000 feet
• Variable deck load of 20,000 tonnes
• Transit speed of 12 knots
• Dynamic positioning system – Kongsberg DP Class 3
• Vessel power of 6 x 8,000 KW STX diesel engines
• Thruster capacity 6 x 5,500 KW
• Dual drilling package to enable drilling operations in Main & Aux well
• Five (5) x 14-P-220 HP Mud Pumps
Source:Ocean Rig , May 5, 2011; Image: