Petronas produces first gas from Kepodang field

  • Project & Tenders

Malaysia’s Petronas has achieved first gas from Kepodang field, one of its largest-operated upstream projects in Indonesia.

Located in the Muriah block, the field is situated approximately 180 kilometers northeast of Semarang, Central Java, in water depths of up to 70 meters. It is expected to deliver 116 million standard cubic feet per day (mmscfd) of gas.

Director General of Oil and Gas from the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources of Indonesia, IG Nyoman Wiratmaja Puja presided over the ceremony, which was held at the Onshore Receiving Facility (ORF) in Gresik, East Java, Indonesia.

Also present at the event were Petronas Vice President of Production International, Chen Kah Seong, Chairman of SKK Migas, Amien Sunaryadi, Country Chairman Petronas Indonesia and President PC Muriah Ltd and PC Ketapang II Ltd, Hazli Sham Kassim.

“We are pleased to be part of this journey which was only possible with the continuous support from the Indonesian government and SKK Migas,” said Hazli Sham during the ceremony.

Petronas, through its subsidiaries, holds 80 percent equity share for the project with the remaining 20 percent held by Saka Energi Muriah Ltd.

The company ventured into Indonesia’s oil and gas industry in 2000. It is now involved in ten Production Sharing Contracts (PSC) and operates four of the oil and gas blocks at various stages of development across Indonesia.

Related news

List of related news articles